Saturday, December 3, 2011

Does your love have a price tag?

How much is your love? Do you have a price tag on your love? Have you ever thought about what your love is worth?

Ladies: We have to be responsible for how we allow men to treat us. We need to first value ourselves and take the price tag off that's hanging from our hearts. Don't give in so easily when 'Mr. I got so much game Mattel wants to make me the president' comes your way. He may take you out to a nice restaurant, treat you to a movie, drop a little change in your pocket, whisper sweet nothings in your ear, and make sure you are the first one he calls in the morning and the last one he talks to at night; but is that enough? He may buy your kids gifts, let you meet his mama, let you drive his jaguar, and even buy you a commitment ring; but is that enough? That nice Gucci purse, those red bottom pumps, that fabulous designer dress; but is that enough?

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a man do nice things for you, buy you nice things, take you to nice places, and make you feel special, but is that all it takes for him to get your love? Are you not worth more than material things?

Some men think they have us all figured out. "I'll make her feel special, buy her some nice things, and once she gets hooked and start loving me, I can get the goods whenever I want," says Mr. I got so much game Mattel wants to make me the president.

It's awesome if he generates enough income to maintain his household and give you something on a your bills, but sitting down with you and teaching you how to budget your income is priceless. The fine dining at the nice restaurant is a nice presentation when he takes you out, but it's something about surprising you with a romantic home cooked gourmet meal that says, " I don't want any distractions. I just want all my attention to be on you and yours on me."

Buying gifts for the kids is nice, but coming to little Tommy's Christmas production shows that he wants his presence to have a lasting effect. Letting you drive the jaguar is cool, but a key to his house says, " I'm yours." Introducing you to his mother means it's getting serious, but grabbing your hands and praying out loud," God thank you for sending me my wife, " says it all.

The point is this; don't give your love away for the temporal material things because in reality you are priceless. Take the price tag off and know your value.

2 comments:

  1. This is a true blog and bless you for writing this. Women don't get to hear this enough for it to resonate in their mind, body, soul and spirits. It is nice to see another female caring enough to share love. Keep up the great work Rainee!

    Until...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you love...Thanks for the comment. And you are so right about women not hearing these type of things enough...I'm one of them...so I had to start with me and then share with others...Much love to you lovely lady...and ou keep up the good work as well....

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment